A Metro Blog by “The Profit Guys”
Professional Development Principles and ConceptsYou might be asking yourself, “why should I invest in professional development for the managers in my company?” FACT: It’s critically important because: Enhancing the business acumen and skills of the company’s leaders has a direct relationship with the company’s ability to succeed over the long term. It has been proven time and again that companies reach their full potential when the owners and leaders have the talents, attributes, and knowledge that make them great leaders. So how do you go about establishing a basis for professional development? How do you create an environment where the culture is built around reaching full potential by doing the right things, in the right way, at the right time, every time? Here’s how:
- Conduct a leadership and management team assessment.
- Identify areas for professional development improvement.
- Engage key managers to recognize where and how they might become better leaders.
- Establish a professional development program and identify those who will be part of the program.
- Create “Goals For Growth” and help them to create their own Leadership Professional Development Plan.
- Make the entire process an integral part of the company’s culture.
- Solicit the help and support of resources you trust to facilitate the program. We have those resources; just ask us.